Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Position...

Hey Folks... yes, I've been 'not blogging' for the last while :( and I'm a little upset about that. On the other hand, I've also moved to another position @ work... no longer do I hold the Technical Support title but now the IT Desktop Asset Coordinator. That is part of the reason that I haven't been blogging over the past couple of weeks... the new position (some say is a promotion) I feel is more of a lateral movement has taken up much of my time... It's nice to be off the phones and doing something different.. but it has also been a little overwhelming. It's a new position that is going to engulf a few of the existing positions... so there is quite a bit more responsibility for me... no worries :) it's a welcome change :P The only thing is... the person training me is only there 3 days a week.. MWF... which means that I don't have her training me full-time. Also.. this week I only have Wed/Fri with her! To top THAT off.. I'm leaving for Singapore on Saturday!!! :D

The 'leaving for Singapore' part is great because I finally get to go on vacation and see Jacq again... BUT, that also means that I won't be practicing what I've learnt for the next 2 weeks. That kinda sucks, it's gonna feel like I'm starting all over again when I get back :(

* Sigh *

6 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

Enjoy your trip. And congrats on the promotion. :) I wish my company can promote me as fast as your company did for you.

*sulks*

monochromatix said...

:D Thanks X... it's nice to be at a company where hard work is recognized ;)

don't worry.. I WILL enjoy the trip hehe... I've already landed... obviously, but I didn't take too many pictures on the flight here and I didn't bother to go online when I reached Japan :P

Piccola said...

Have fun~ ^_^

ochiro said...

don't forget to eat lots and lots of food that you can't get here

Anonymous said...

Hey identical twin best friend...just saw your blog for the "new position." I didn't think you were so stressed about it! I'm sorry for not being there to train you full-time...I really wish I was. It would have definitely been easier on the both of us. I'm also sorry you didn't get to blog as much you wanted to! Try not to worry too much about work and enjoy a little vacation time. Take good care of yourself and have loads of fun =) I'll worry about work for you =D

monochromatix said...

piccola: I will ;) Thanks!

Shoa Toan: I'm already afraid to get on a scale :/

Sarah: no worries :) I'll slowly get used to the position... it'll be an adventure!