Saturday, April 15, 2006

Moving on...

Well... here I am, back from the dead. I know it's been over a month since I last posted (a real post) and now I can explain what was going on. First, yes, I have attempted to post in the past... but the two times that I was about to update the blog 1) blogspot crapped out and I had not saved the post as a draft... and 2) my laptop crapped out before I saved what I had written over the 2 hours. Now on with the show :)
Apart from the above mentioned... here is what has been going on since I have landed back on Canadian soil...

I am happy to say that I am no longer single. As of March 7th Jacq and I are officially a couple :) There isn't much to explain apart from the fact that she's brought an immesurable amount of happiness into my life. Our relationship is great so far, and she and I are working to see what we can do to come together :)...

On another note, before I took off on the trip, I had already been contemplating resigning from my position at the IBM CSC. To be honest, I had not thought too much about it over the trip (being on vacation and all) but when I went back to work again my mind went into overtime, driving me nuts trying to decide whether I was going to stay there or not. Those of you who are observant will realize that I'm speaking in past tense, so yes, I finally decided to resign.


On Friday March 30th I went into a meeting with my HR rep.. followed up on all the things that we talked about before I left for Malaysia/Singapore, and at the end of the meeting let her know that I was going to tender my resignation on Monday. To my surprise, she was actually expecting it:
"Yea, I could tell from the moment you got back into work. Your attitude had been different all week."
"Really? But I'm always very impartial :)"
"Yeah, but you've been even more impartial this week."
That's not exactly how the conversation went that day, but it's pretty close.

For those of you at IBM who may be reading this, it was not an easy decision... There were even tears shed during the exit inverview, and I have to say JM is a great guy, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. My decision to leave was a result of a culmination of many different things, but mainly to come back and help my father w/ his business. :) Though that is the main reason, I am not ruling out other options... That would be another post in itself ;)

Accept it or not, those are the main reasons I have not posted in such a long time... that and the fact that my laptop mobo/vid card is slowly crapping out :(

On w/ the show...

9 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

Glad to see you back from the dead my friend.

monochromatix said...

Wow... that was fast :D

It's good to be back :) But we must meet up this week... We have alot to catch up on.

Lonely Linus said...

LOL. Was it fast? I guess I got tired of reading my own blog. :P

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to see more interesting update from you :) By the way, keep it up.. Doesn't matter whether it is hard or easy, good or bad.. No matter what decision you have make, you still have someone who always there to give you encouragement.. Welcome back to your blog!! :p (FF)

monochromatix said...

LOL, FF ;) You should click on other and then add your name :D

Thanks for all the support and encouragement, I know I can do what I put my mind to, as can anyone else :)

It's definitely nice to know that there are people out there who care... ;)

Anonymous said...

wow~ congratulations on leaving bachelorhood. hehe. ^^ Good luck to you & your love and dad's business.

monochromatix said...

Thanks piccola :) I'm hoping everything works out for me... we'll see what life brings me ;)

Anonymous said...

how's it going man.
Congrats on Jaq. It's good to see you happy.
and congrats on working with the family business which is always a good thing...no?

monochromatix said...

It's goin' ;)

Thanks for the congrats :) I'm very happy with her, though we are halfway around the world from each other I'm sure it will work out when we come together.

As for the business,... we'll see :) It's an adventure for sure!