Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jacq's Gift!!!...

Well, Jacq's gift finally arrived at her doorstep a few days back! :D Her brother was home when the delivery guy reached but he didn't answer the door. The package was already belated as it was :( not enough hours in the day to do everything :( and now it was going to be even later.

The fact that her work is being shifted over to a new location / new company isn't helping either. What that translated to is that she wasn't able to pick up or even receive the package. She has to wait another 2 days.

I guess the surprise was spoilt because DHL called her to inform that they tried to deliver but there was no response.

Anyway, Jacq finally received her gift on the 19th

I happened to be online with her when the delivery came in :) she turned the cam so that I could see the guy hand it to her :p that was cool. Finally her gift was in her hands!

2006/09/19 11:07 Delivered
2006/09/19 09:46 On vehicle for delivery
2006/09/17 14:06 Attempted Delivery - Receiver Unavailable
2006/09/17 13:19 On vehicle for delivery
2006/09/17 13:13 Shipment In Transit
2006/09/17 10:17 Left INT'L POINTS INTERNATIONAUX
2006/09/17 05:00 Cleared Customs at INT'L POINTS INTERNATIONAUX
2006/09/17 05:00 Shipment In Transit
2006/09/17 04:54 Shipment In Transit
2006/09/16 18:55 Left INT'L POINTS INTERNATIONAUX
2006/09/16 13:01 Cleared Customs at INT'L POINTS INTERNATIONAUX
2006/09/16 08:41 Shipment In Transit
2006/09/14 20:02 Left INT'L POINTS INTERNATIONAUX
2006/09/14 14:17 Received at Shipping from SHIPPING of CANADA POST 349 GEORGIA ST W VANCOUVER BC
Here's the kicker. Jacq examined the package and told me it looked like it had been tampered with :( After opening the ennvelope she pulled out her card and it was crinkled, then she told me that it looked like the package was wrapped in another envelope inside. At this point I was beyond words. My whole mood had changed... My heart felt like it was in the pit of my stomach... I was almost certain that someone had gone and taken what was inside. Jacq pulled out the package, and the wrapping had been torn open on one side. Wow... the worst part for me is, she was doing all of this just off cam... I could see her, but I couldn't see what she was looking at.

When she finally showed me 2 small boxes I felt a little more relieved. When she opened them up and showed me what was inside I finally felt relief again.


That whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Why was the package opened? Why did she have to spend almost an hour untying a knot that was put into the necklace? What the fuck?! If it was customs that did this, don't they have equipment that allows them to see inside the package less intrusively? That was the first time that I have sent anything like that overseas, and I'm not impressed. People have no respect for things that don't belong to them... argh.

Forgive me, I"m tired and I'm agitated...

3 comments:

Piccola said...

That's a really sweet gift. :D Sucks that you couldn't be there. BUT it's your heart that counts. :)

I can understand how frustrating it is to send packages overseas. I sent a package for my friend's birthday a month before his birthday, and he recieved it 2 weeks after his birthday!!! Super belated birthday gift ^^;

monochromatix said...

:) I'm glad she likes it... I'm not very good at picking out gifts :$

LDR is definitely hard because we can't physically be there for each other, but I'm glad that she's always supporting me emotionally.

I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with sending abroad... and WOW, WTH... how can something be sent 1 month prior and arrive 2 weeks late... that's ridiculous... you must have been very frustrated as well! o.O

ally said...

hur hur sending anything to or from asia is always very frustrating. ur lucky ur parcel got through..i've been waiting for mine for over 2 months and i dont think its gonna arrive at all

*drums fingers*