Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dead Battery...

Yeeeeesss... I had a dead battery today... it wasn't as simple as a dead Blackberry battery or a dead watch battery. It was the car battery O.o

In my old age ;) I find that I'm forgetting more and more... simple things like turning off the car lights are eluding me. Thanks AS for turning my lights off... unfortunately for me, it was too late. I got into the car and put the key in... nothing. I got the buzz from the seatbelt warning but I could tell that something was wrong because the radio wasn't working, and the heating coil light was not on :( grrr.

The last time that I had to use my CAA card was loooong ago so I didn't even have that on me. Good thing the dispatch can look you up via address. All I had to do was verify with photo ID... *sigh* the crappy week continues... If my head wasn't attached I'd forget it somewhere too :@

2 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

That happened to me during the summer; I left my lights on. Now I make sure to check after every time I drive to make sure the vehicle's headlights are switched off, even though when I shut down the vehicle it cuts power to everything.

monochromatix said...

yea... see, that's the problem with cars from the early 80s grrr... this car is funny. After you 'turn off the engine' and take the key out it keeps running for however long it feels like :p There's even a little lever that I can push (under the hood) to get it to manually shut off. How Ghetto is that?