Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Gingerbread House...

This X-Mas my family and I got to try something we haven't done since we were kids :)

While I was out last-minute shopping with AK he showed me some pictures on his phone...

At first glance I said...

"wth... nice... you didn't make that, did you?"
"Sure I did..."
"Whatever, man... you? The Korean Hulk?"
"Ya"
"Mr. Destructive? Mr. I-have-no-patience-for-anything?"
"YES!"
Anyway, you get the point :P Apparently his parents went out and randomly purchased a gingerbread house making kit from Costco (or Price Club as AK calls it). AK also APPARENTLY put it together on his own in under 2 hrs... sure sure...

Sooooooo... since I refuse to be bettered than him in the random crafts department I HAD to go out and purchase one too!!! An hour before we were to have our X-mas dinner my sis and I headed out to the grocery store in hopes of finding a kit. I was praying pretty hard cuz the day before I was out with AK and I wasn't able to find one at a different store. We went to Superstore and I walked over to the bakery... the nice little Filipino lady told me there was one more on the table!!! Yee haw! I was still a little unsure of what I was going to find... it was, afterall, the last one. As I suspected the last one was cracked :( Not so cracked that it was obvious but still cracked non-the-less. *sigh* what to do? Beggars can't be choosers, right?

I picked it up, obviously... the last one. That night we had the crazy feast and we didn't have time to put it together... it had to be left for the night after.

After indulging for the second night in a row my cousins and myself broke out the gingerbread house kit :) It looked simple enough... everything was neatly packaged


It seemed that I was right about being paranoid for grabbing the last kit... there was 'earthquake' damage :(


I performed some maintenance :p... filled the cracks with the icing and put them back together :) Good as new! ok... not quite...


Next came erecting the main structure... This task was made much easier by the little plastic base that was provided. There were trenches molded to provide guides for placement... the hardest part was trying to get the icing in place...


While I was holding the pieces in place waiting for the icing to set my cousins began on the Tree, Gingerbread Man, and Gingerbread Snowman :)... hehe, the one I did, had claws :D


We worked on-and-on into the early morning, got the roof Iced (more like buttered with icing :p)... decorated.. and soon we realized that we were running low on candies... wtf :@ at the rate that we were going.. we were going to run out before we were finished!!! Not cool...


Finally! After about 2 hours the house was complete :D Et Voila!

We had so much fun putting it together that we're thinking of having a little competition next year ;) If you haven't already you (and your family) should try it too :D



AK sent me pictures of his house... O.o ... then he told me about the bag of Skittles that came with it!!! :@ I felt ripped off :( Check it out... it looks REALLY nice, BASTARD :P


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. What happens to the ginger bread house after Christmas?

monochromatix said...

LOL... well, my friend's is being picked apart methodically.. :D

Mine... um, it's just sitting there looking all 'Gingerbread Housy' :P

Lonely Linus said...

Nice job. You should follow it up by making a life sized ginger bread house for the coming Christmas.

monochromatix said...

Hmm... I'd consider it.. but all the friggin rain will just dissolve/melt it to the ground :@

Anonymous said...

WTH it looks like you had an entire sweatshop working on that.

monochromatix said...

Wow... that's clever. Did you think that up all by yourself? O.o

chris said...

I want one too!!!

I like AK's...heh....sorry :P Then again, it could be the lighting *grin*

monochromatix said...

:O hehe... ya, I like his too. Don't think it's the lighting tho... his came with MORE CANDY!!! :( not fair!