Saturday, December 02, 2006

What A Week...

Photos from JohnHarveyPhoto.com
The week is finally over and the weekend is here...

It has been a long time since I've looked forward to the weekend as much as I have this week. Monday started out blah. The only thing interesting about that day was having to dig the car out of the snow and then make my way to work. The whole city was buried in snow, but the plows DID come out. However, the side streets near my work had not been plowed yet. To top that off there was a flatbed truck stuck on the left side of the road. That made it hard for me to achieve a good angle of approach to get into my work parking lot. Which, incidentally, was the only parking lot in that area that had not been plowed yet, WTF. So I ended up driving around the back streets all the way to the exit with the stoplight... BUT I couldn't turn right because the plow had gone that way and made a left turn (pushing the snow to the right side) :@! I had to make a left, go under the bridge all the way to the next traffic light and turn into the sidestreets there. I had fun rallying around the backroads there before coming back 'round to the main road and making my way back to my work lot.

I was praying that the truck would not still be there when I got back, but lo-and-behold it was. I ended up driving that same route around the lot, under the bridge, and back around @ least one more time while I was contemplating whether I should attempt to drive into the lot full of snow.

Third-time 'round I drove past the truck, into one of the plowed lots, circled around and attempted to drive in a different ramp. Weeeeeeeeee! I made it in. *sigh* stupid... I arrived to work on time and still ended up being 30-45 minutes late. grrr. Oh ya... only 1 manager made it into the office that day... nice.


Tuesday and Wednesday had to have been the crappiest days I've worked since coming to this company. For some reason on Tuesday everyone's computer seemed to be breaking down, argh! I don't mind so much when that happens... it's just that I have to open up a ticket and then log it under my name and wait for the hardware to come in... I have the memory of a goldfish :/ it's going to be hell to remember what computer belongs to who, and what went wrong with it (why they sent it in).

Blah... I don't even wanna rant about work anymore... it's too depressing...

5 comments:

Piccola said...

Somehow i kinda like to experience the snow thing. :D Having to plow through the snow and stuff like that.. hahaha.. ^^;

chris said...

uh-oh....don't seem like a very good week for you eh?

think i've passed on the klutzy-ness...heh

well, yes. weekend's up ahead...hope it'll get better. 'sides...it's dec!. don't you just love dec...i know i do! :)

chris said...

oh...and did you snap that last photo? it's really beautiful

monochromatix said...

p: lol... I guess it can be fun :p but it's a pain with the roads are covered in ice :/

c: Yea... it wasn't the greatest week. As for Dec O.o I'm not exactly the festive type :p I go along with it but I don't go out of the way hehe... shh. I like festivities because there's always something artsy that I can try :D

PS: I didn't snap the photo... it's from Johnharveyphoto.com

Lonely Linus said...

Funny how you work for RB which auctions off construction vehicles and your lot wasn't cleared of the snow.

Some people may call that irony.