Sunday, November 26, 2006

Samsung Bluetooth WEP200...

Yup, yup... another new toy for my Pearl :) This is one of (if not) THE smallest bluetooth headsets on the market today. I'm not usually one for gadgets 'n' such but I've had my handsfree plugged into the Pearl and I'm tired of having that wire dangling everywhere. Half the time it's being yanked on by accident and it's not a nice feeling on my ear. When I went to purchase the Pearl the salesman (also from Malaysia :D) tried to upsell to me. One of the things he brought out was the Samsung WEP200 bluetooth headset. I didn't buy it during that time because (like I said) I'm not one for gadgets... plus he said that if I decide to buy it within the next week he would give it to me for $75 as opposed to the retail price of $100. Nice pitch, huh? 2 weeks later I went back to pick it up... I still got the 'discount' price... no surprise there. Honestly, I was hoping that I would be able to listen to tunes (via the Pearl) but as of yet... I'm pretty sure I can't O.o ah well...

Regardless, I must say this is one fine piece of technology. It functions VERY well and picks up most sounds coming from the same room :p enough that the person on the other end can hear everyone's voices.. but not all the other ambient noise. The ear-piece is surprisingly comfortable and at 9grams the unit is feather-light! I'm still getting used to the timing and functionality... I ended up accidentally calling AK when I was trying to turn off the power :p Samsung came up with a combination charger/carrying case that comes with the headset. It's one of the most innovative / useful / functioning creations yet :)



Details from Samsung's site:

Bluetooth Wireless Headset

Samsung's WEP200 Bluetooth headset is soft as a sigh, light as an undertone, slim as a murmur and as mobile as you are. The Samsung WEP200 bring Bluetooth to your ear as none other. Talk for hours with the ergonomically stylish design. Wear the Samsung WEP200 Bluetooth headset and keep communicating. It is compatible with Samsung and other non-Samsung Bluetooth enabled phones.

Features

* Up to 4 hours talk time
* Up to 70 hours standby time
* Weighs only 9 grams
* Bluetooth specification: Ver 2.0
* Voice Dialing
* Call rejecting
* Call waiting
* Volume up/down

Kit includes:

* Bluetooth Headset
* Charging Case
* Travel Adapter
* Headset Hooks (M&L)
* User Manual
* Quick Start Guide

4 comments:

Piccola said...

You just spent a bomb and now another hehe.. This blackberry pearl is sucking your $. hehe :P

Lonely Linus said...

Ya, Piccola.

Apparently, MMX is the richest person living in Vancouver.

MMX, have you managed to lose the headset in your ear yet? :P

monochromatix said...

Piccola: It's not often I spoil myself ;)

X: This coming from a person who just purchased a new vehicle and paid it off IN FULL to boot!!! :p

Lonely Linus said...

Hey! I had to borrow money from a loan shark, my dad. :P