Sunday, November 05, 2006

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning...

Synopsis: This prequel to all the other Texas Chainsaw movies takes place in Vietnam era Texas as a couple of brothers and their girlfriends take one last road trip before the boys head off to war. But then a run-in with a sinister sheriff turns nasty and the group is hustled off to meet the Hewitt family and young Leatherface, who’s just learning how to kill.



Going into this movie (as any other horror movie) I wasn't expecting much. The only things I was hoping for were... some sort of history on Leatherface, new and interesting ways that people were going to get slaughtered :p + special effects, and hopefully a decent storyline some wit.

Oh yeah... the other thing I was praying for was a theatre full of considerate moviegoers, heh.

All-in-all I was pretty pleased with the movie. They tried to show Leatherface's origins but IMO failed miserably... he's born in a slaughterhouse... yee haw! apart from showing that, they didn't go any further into his background. A couple of my favorite scenes showed how Sheriff Hoyt lost his teeth and best of all, how Old Monty loses his legs :D There's not much more I can say about this movie, yes, it takes place before The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), but, it doesn't really offer anything worth writing home about.

Definitely worth renting tho :)

As for the attending crowd... there was some retard and his girlfriend that insisted on carrying out their conversation through the whole movie. Lucky for me they were on the other side of AK. That meant that he was my buffer and all I could hear was a mild buzzing. I have to give him credit though. I was sure that he was going to snap and end up walking over there... :D I though about egging him on, but that's not nice :D
Me: Why didn't you get up and walk over / say anything?
AK: Cuz if I did I would have had to put my fist in his face!

No comments: