Sunday, November 26, 2006

vNES on Pearl...

That's right folks... I'm uber dorking out now that I have my Pearl :P Since I dumped so much money into this wonder of technology I've decided to do as much with it as I can. Jacq's convinced that I'm going to spoil it by dumping so much crap good stuff on it :D Who knows? She may be right ;) Either way, I'm still going to push it to its limits and see what it can do! heh. For the last week-and-a-bit I've been searching high-&-low for games to download... then I came across a forum that had a discussion on a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) emulator for handhelds!!! I felt like I had struck gold.

I acquired, installed, activated and I fired it up. The list of games available was not extensive... there were quite a few but not all of them worked.

Here are some screenies that'll bring back some memories...



The problem with the emulator is actually not a problem with the emulator... I think it's more of a problem with the handheld itself. The Blackberry pearl has a 312 MHz Intel XScale cellular processor + 64 MB flash memory... amazing for a handheld, but still not enough to run the vNes at a decent speed. The application runs at around 12 fps (still playable) but probably too slow for most people. It took me over 10 minutes to complete the first level in Super Mario Bros. 2. Still fun to have ;)

1 comment:

Admin said...

Do you think you can post a link of it? i really want vnes and i cant find a working one.. :3 please