Monday, August 14, 2006

Movie: Pulse...

A couple of nights ago I went to see Pulse with AK...

Synopsis:

Imagine our wireless technologies made a connection to a world beyond our own. Imagine that world used that technology as a doorway into ours. Now, imagine the connection we made can't be shut down. When you turn on your cell phone or log on to your e-mail, they'll get in, you'll be infected and they'll be able to take from you what they don't have anymore - life. Kristen Bell ("Veronica Mars"), Christina Milian ("Love Don't Cost A Thing") and Ian Somerhalder ("Lost") star in "Pulse," a bone-chilling thriller hitting theatres on July 14th.

I just recently found out that this movie is based on a Japanese original (Kairo) made in 2001. I haven't had the chance to watch the whole thing through yet, but I'm thinking that it's going to be the same deal as The Grudge (Ju On) and The Ring (Ringu). Anyway, back to my story.

This particular night was interesting because I had to get up and tell someone off. Now, it's been awhile since I last had to do that and I don't enjoy getting up and disrupting other people... but. From the beginning of the movie until about 20 minutes in, everything was alright... then out of the corner comes a sound... crinkle... crinkle... Everyone ignored it, we all thought it was going to be a one-time thing... nope. *crinkle crinkle CRINKLE CRINKLE* !!! Wtf?! So I tried to ignore it... but after 30 minutes, that's right... 30 frickin minutes he was still at it. By that time, our neighbors knew that I was extremely agitated because I had spent sometime leaning forward to get a good look at fatty sitting in the corner there. Finally I couldn't take it anymore :@ I got up and walked over to the corner, funny thing is, as soon as I got up my neighbors knew where I was going and had their legs outta my way :p.

I had to stand there for a few seconds before he noticed me staring at him, but he eventually turned his head towards me.

"Are you enjoying your food?"
"Wha..?"
"Are you enjoying your food?"
"Yea... why?"
"Cuz... I can hear you eating it FROM OVER THERE!!! :@ It's been a half-hour now!"
I wasn't planning on raising my voice quite that high, but uh... oops :p
"Why don't you just pour that shit out into your lap and quit playing with the bag?!"
The guy then proceeds to throw his food into the next seat at the same time screaming,
"Fine I've thrown it away now! Next time I'll throw it in your fucking face!"
At this time I have to stop myself from laughing because out from the other side I hear AK cracking up... I guess he heard everything I said :p I let him know that it wasn't just me that was annoyed as hell and I went back to my seat.

Just so you know I was sitting in the middle of the row and this guy was in the corner against the wall... That's how loud it was... frickin tool. I'm surprised no one else said anything to him earlier.

As you can imagine.. that didn't help make the movie a good experience for me. It was already slow going and the plot seemed pretty thin... honestly, I don't even feel like going into detail about it. Being from the IT industry... none of these things seem plausable... Ok, fine, it's just a horror movie... and if they kept it as just a horror movie then it would have been alright, I guess. Blah... I'd say wait until it comes out as a rental.

2 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

DVDs my friend. That way, you won't surround yourself with idiots like the one at the movie.

monochromatix said...

DVD != 50' Screen :P

It's not the same as watching it on a big screen with big sound... hehe.