Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Toy!

Remember that camera I was going on about earlier in the week? Yea... I couldn't take it anymore and had to go out and purchase it :p hold on.. lemme refresh your memory:


For the few days prior to that I had been doing research on the net, comparing prices, so-on and so-forth. After all the research I decided to go to BestBuy as they had the best pricing (and it would give me an excuse to go ther cuz I had never been there before).

After I got there I made a b-line for the camera section, I checked out the DVCams first... then went around the corner to the DigiCams. ARGH! The camera wasn't on the display shelf OR in the display case! Ok ok, don't panic, maybe they have it in stock somewhere in the back.

I flagged down one of the floor associates and asked him: "do you have the Sony Cybershot Hybrid"
"no, we don't carry it here. I know it's advertized on the online store though"

OMFG... I came all the way out here for nothing.

Screw it, I'm going to the Sony store to pay full-price! I headed up to Metrotown to hit the Sony store. JACKPOT! There it was... all beautiful, sitting in the glass case. I got the store manager to open the case and let me play around with the camera for awhile... SOLD!

The manager sold it to me for $649.99 (same as BestBuy) that, of course, didn't include the other $84.99 for the Memory Stick Pro Duo (that's required to save photos/movies but is not included with the camera... how convenitent). Grand total after taxes $837.88. :'(


In case anyone's wondering, here are some of the specs:
  • 5.1 Mega Pixel
  • 3.0x Zoom
  • 2.5" Free Angle LCD
  • MPEGMovie4TV Video
  • Pocket Album
  • Image Slideshow
Click here to view full details.

1 comment:

Javier Marti said...

Hey I enjoyed reaging your blog and thourhg to let you know
Best regards
http://niquel757.blogspot.com
Javier