Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Years Surprise!

I think this has got to be one of the most pleasant / thoughtful New Year's surprises ever! *sniffle*

If you've been reading up on the other blogs (particularly in
this section) then you'll know who I'm talking about :)

I hadn't been having such a great day and also recently discovered that a friend of mine just curbed his car. Jacqueline (my S'pore MSN buddy) had also informed me that she wasn't going to be online for the usual length of our MSN sessions... I was crushed :'( hehe. All the while that we were on MSN she was busy with her work and I had to run around delivering stuffy stuff, AND help my dad with some of his things. That also ate into our MSN time.

By the end of it I said, "Screw it, I'm going to have a beer and try to get myself to sleep."

Jacq went offline and kept me company via sms... one of her texts was:

".. Going to join my friend for dinner with his friends along too. Then for the countdown.. Now stil early since raining so stay home first. I might give u a surprise hor.. If i manage to do one thing later.."
That was enough to stir my curiousity... so I go about my regular business when my cellphone rings.. "Unknown". I don't usually pick up unknown numbers.. but this time I do. OMGWTFBBQ! U guessed it.. it was Jacqueline :D I couldn't believe it! Even now, I don't know what to say...

How thoughtful is that? She purchased a card and called me up cuz she figured it would cheer me up... wow... how many people do you know who would do that for you? People like that are so few-and-far-between. I feel very blessed to have met someone like that! Thanks Jacq... I'll never forget this! ...you're unbelievable ;)

2 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

Hey! Before I forget, have a happy new year!

Reading this post makes me feel like Randy Newman is singing "You've Got A Friend in Me" in the background. But good friends are truly few and far between.

monochromatix said...

You are absolutely right, X! I feel lucky to have met her :) she's coo, u too btw :D fellow M'sian ;)