Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year! ...

Wow... was expecting a nice quite New Year's celebration but ended up ushering in the New Year with a whole bunch of people. Many of which I'd never met before, some who look very familiar... most whose names I don't remember today =p

I arrived at EK's house at around 10:40pm and figured I was a little late. I was just expecting EK and Ange, WC and maybe a couple of other people. When I got there that's who was there, they were watching Dumb and Dumber.

Within the span of the next 10 minutes about 8 more people showed up... that's when the drinking began =p

After intros everyone slowly settled in, watched Dumb and Dumber and began playing games. A bunch of us did a round of shots then before we knew it... countdown time!

I'm embarassed to say that I wasn't ready for a 'Happy New Year!' shot... but I did manage to get this afterwards..


I'd have to say that the highlight of the night were the drinking games, of course. Unfortunately, I hadn't eaten since lunch so I decided to lay off the drinking lest I get shitfaced :\ Anyways, enough about me.

Game: Operation.

Description: Everyone knows Operation! Pick a card, attempt to remove the organ specified by the card...

Punishment: DRINK if his nose lights up.


Game: Passout

Description: Boardgame whose layout is akin to Monopoly except 7 out of 10 spaces instruct you to take a drink. Travel 'round the board and attempt to recite tongue twisters...

Punishment: Everytime you mess up a tongue twister take a drink then try again until you get it right.

Game: 10-20 (sup-yee-sup)

Description: Chinese drinking game. Take turns calling out numbers (0-close, 5, 10, 15, 20-open) while opening and closing hands. Try to guess what number will be represented by the hands that are out. If you guess right, call again. Two-in-a-row and your opponent drinks.

Click here for footage *note: will re-encode later

Punishment: Drink

There were a couple of card games as well, but I'll just write about one (I can't remember all of the rules for the other one).

Game: Kings.

Description: Cards Used (10, J, Q, K, A).
10=Take a drink,
J=right person drinks,
Q=left person drinks,
K=fill communal cup,
4th K=Drink communal cup.
A=Free


Ok, 4 rows (5 cards across) are dealt out. Each person takes a turn to flip a card. If you flip a 10 you're forced to take a drink. If you flip a J then the person to your right takes a drink. Flip a Q and the person to your left takes a drink. Flip a K and you get to choose what, and how much you want to put in the communal cup(s). Flip an A and you get off scott-free for that turn.

Now, I'm sure some of you would have noticed that I said 'what' you can choose to put into the cup. Most of the time people will just dump booze into it... most of the time :


wow, look, there's even a toothpick in there to help pick out the smoked mussel.

Be careful though, there's this thing called Karma... it likes to bite people in the ass when they're not being nice.

Yea... that big chunk in the middle there is cheese... then there's the 2 mussels and the spicy sauce from the plate... not to mention the beer and whatever else they dropped in there.

Oh.. guess who dropped the cheese in there.. AF. Hey, look who lost that round! AF :p That's right folks, Karma... it's real ;) (although I ended up being some innocent bystander and had to take some of that crap for her... and believe me, it tasted as good as it looked : like shite.)


Here are a couple of not-so-good sceneraios that you may encounter in a game of Kings:


2 cards left and you're next. 3 Kings off the start.

Games weren't limited to just the young'uns either ;) Uncle James decided to join us part way through the night :D

Guess who lost this game? :D

Guess who lost this game? :D

3 o'clock rolls around and select people were burning out, things were winding down and it was starting to look more like a slumber party. The table was filling up with empty bottles... and there were bodies piling up around the room :p wow... by around 4 o'clock most of the party decided it was time to call it a night (I hear the guys had to clock in next morning). Just when I think the party's coming to a halt... the After Party Bunch shows up! Now, we can all be sure that they'd had their fill from earlier, but of course, they have to catch up at EK's house! :D Their choice of games? Cut Throat...



The following are just pictures that I picked out


More to come...

No comments: