Friday, January 13, 2006

Rewards... n stuff...

Woo :D IBM paraphernalia! So I'm slowly burning out sitting in my cube and it finally occurs to me that if I work the rest of my scheduled shifts this week I'll be pulling a 53 hr work week... wth. Ya I don't think the account team will be too happy w/ that =p Now I have tomorrow off :D moving on.


Caller: "So what's the temperature like in Canada?"
Tech: "It's about 50 degrees now (10 c). Yeah, it sucks. My igloo is starting to melt."
Caller: "Wow! Seriously!"
No people we do not live in igloos, well I don't anyways =p had an interesting conversation with a co-worker of mine. We revisited the fact that we're all pretty ignorant of our neighbors... well actaully, places we've never been to in general.

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people in the United States believe that Canadians live in igloos. Ok. Think about it for a sec. Alaska is a State, correct? Are there not cities in Alaska? And not cities of Igloos I might add, real cities, made out of wood and concrete and all that neat city building stuff. Last I heard they even have a port up there, or was someone lying to me? And apart from that, if you look on a world map, you'll notice that (besides the Territories) Canada's Provinces are on a parallel farther south than Alaska. Hmm... that would lead most people to deduce that we (Canada) live in a warmer climate than Alaska? and if they can have a city, then maybe, just maybe we can too. Or two, or three.

Then we started thinking of the stereotypes that we hold for the Southern States. =p hehe, we realized that we aren't any better :$ Bayou, some corn-pone-country-inbred sitting on a porch in a rocking chair with a shotgun in his lap, a banjo and a jug of the South's Finest Moonshine... nice. Of course, we know that it's not really like that. That's just what the government has subliminally planted into our simple Canadian brains by spiking our maple syrup with peyote (haha, doesn't make sense but meh) and providing us with the world's finest in MaryJ. Welcome to British Columbia ;)

Wow, it's getting late and I realize that I'm not making much sense... Until next time!

PS: Added 2 more pieces to the Art section. Go NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thur aint nothing better then kcking bck lstng @ ol Sku tracks...
Mangs!?!?!?!?!


Mahal