Sunday, January 15, 2006

Zephyr in the Sky

This puzzle has had me sitting on my rear for far too long. I feel my mind slowly getting numb. The puzzle is a challenge, but it's not rocket science so when I got a call from DC to go for bbt I was relieved.. hehe wow, I still have friends after all :p

DC finished work and stopped by my place to pick me up.. note to self: don't put cel phone in pocket when you're wearing velure track pants. She called me multiple times AND sms'd me but I missed everything. By the time I got back to her she was almost in bed :'(

I was still in the mood for BBT, hehe, so I forced persuaded her to get out of bed and come with me :p Anyone who knows DC will also know that she loves BBT in Richmond. That's exactly where we ended up... at No.3 Rd and Alderbridge Way.

Zephyr in the Sky:
It has been a couple of weeks since I last came here... mind you, it's been a couple of weeks since I've done anything at all. I believe this place is Taiwanese owned just like the rest of the BBT places in Vancouver. I remember a couple years back it used to be a drinking spot, can't quite remember the name. The atmosphere is nice (I should start taking pictures of restaurant interiors :p) though on occasion they play too much Jay Chow for the likes of me. I suppose I can't expect anything more from a place like that. BTW Chinese rap is soooo wrong.

[rant] One thing that I don't understand is the fact that EVERY CHINESE RESTAURANT IN VANCOUVER has ENGRISH somewhere in their menu. The picture on the right is kinda blurry but it says 'Deep Ried Fish Cake'. Now, this one isn't as bad as some of the other menus I've seen, but it baffles me because... we live in Canada. Right, our national language is French (for some reason) but the main language spoken in this country is English. Do these restaurant owners NOT have any English speaking friends? I severely doubt that is the case, yet they can't seem to put forth a menu without any mistakes (in English). WTF.. come on man! You people can do advanced calculus in Junior high but you can't figure out how to get someone to proofread your menu before printing it??? [/rant]

Suffice it to say... we ordered a few snacks, which turned out to be a little more than we were expecting to consume :p but managed to polish it all off. Here's a snap:


Vanilla Milk Tea, Deep 'Ried' Fish Cakes, Spicy Cucumber, Passionfruit Green Tea & Deep Fried Squid.

No comments: