Saturday, January 07, 2006

Outta the box...

I've been cooped up for the last couple of days not feeling well and it felt as though I was coming down with cabin fever that coupled with the shitty weather we've been having for the last 3 weeks was driving me batty. Fortunately for me DC came online and asked if I wanted to do something... I jumped at the chance =p

Funny thing is, by the time she arrived at my house, neither of us had decided where we were going to go (I was just excited to be able to leave my room). We sat in her car for a good 10 minutes before deciding to go to Coquitlam Centre.

Each time I go to Coquitlam Centre I find something new has happened to it. This time I noticed that they have pretty much full livingroom setups in the middle of the corridors... wth.


Seriously, is that absolutely necessary? I guess it's for all the husbands/boyfriends who get suckered into going to the mall with their significant others.. hehe.

There is also a T&T that opened up there not too long ago. So far I've ended up at T&T every visit to this mall =D just to get my fill of Asian junk food. Today we stopped by and were greeted by their CNY decor... it had slipped my mind, but now that I've had it thrown in my face I'm sure it's here to stay. This time I didn't find what I was hankering for... just a bag of 'Cuttlefish Flavored Snack' =p.


Festive, No?

There wasn't really much to see/do in the mall, but it was a nice change of scenery :) My cabin fever is gone, for now. After the mall we hit up some random (new) Japanese restaurant Li & Jun (Korean owned). Read about it here

5 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

Aside from the mall, that is one sweet ride... which I can never afford. Oh well, time to start that '89 corolla I have and smoke someone on a down hill drift competition. :P

carolyn said...

I forgot about T&T, first thought was Tony & Tina (cosmetics company which closed down worldwide in 2005) has been resurrected??? 2nd thought, why would a guy notice T&T? Hahahaha.

I don't remember CNY goodies from T&T, but I do remember the mooncakes it sold during the Lantern Festival :p

monochromatix said...

x: I believe D's getting rid if the ride.. it's turning out to be more than she bargained for :(

caro: Tony&Tina? :D probably not the same :p And you're right, I've not heard of T&T cosmetics before, hehe.

mmm... mooncakes, yum. With or without yolk? :)

carolyn said...

I like it with yolk. The saltiness of the yolk to counteract the sweetness of the lotus paste. You?

There are so many variations to the mooncake in Singapore now. You will be amazed if you are ever here during the period.

Lonely Linus said...

Someone care to donate a ride to this poor fellow?

*points to x*

Speaking of mooncakes and CNY festivals, my parents just got back from M'sia. I believe they brought back some mooncakes as well. *Sigh* I should've bought a ticket to M'sia instead.