Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Everybody's favorite place...

Today I got to take a trip to EVERYONE'S FAVORITE place... the DENTIST!!! *crowd cheers!*

As you can imagine I wasn't exactly jumping for joy, waiting in anticipation for the time to come -_-. More like I was hoping I would be struck down by a bolt of lightning... or more likely 'something would come up' that would prevent me from making my trek. No such luck... don't get me wrong, I like my dentist :) he's a family friend and all-round great guy... but, you know what I mean...argh.

Last time I was there we had a nice chat about the usual stuff, then he got into the nitty gritty of what was going on in my mouth. By the end of it he decided that I would need to redo some of my fillings (as they begin to leak over time), add 1 or 2 new fillings (yes, cavities :$), then finish off with some scaling. *shudders at thought*

All the previously mentioned activities require me getting a shot, or multiple shits *oops typo* shots (though shits is what I feel like doing when I see the size of the frickin needle). *sorry, this was the only pic I could find online, next time will take a snap of the ACTUAL syringe*

Anyway I make it to the appointment about 3 minutes late (no biggie) and then sit down in my chair. My heart is racing a little cuz... well, I don't like shots. We catch up a little, then he explains what he's going to do... "Today we're just going to do the upper left molars... we're just going to get all the small stuff outta the way and make another longer appointment to finish up". Yay! I have to go back O_O.

Weeeee! He begins the sessions with the first needle... to my surprise, I didn't even know when he inserted it, wow! Then the second... then the third. "This next one might hurt a bit more than the first few." ... WTH. Ya, he was right :'( Next came the 'dental dam', great invention :D now I don't get little bits of stuff flying down my throat. Then the funky Terminator goggles :D.

Well, before I knew it, I was done and walking out of there with my crooked smile. hehe.

Looked normal when I didn't do anything, or just smiled (across). But when I pursed my lips...

Oh yeah... through part of the ordeal we talked about my new camera :) he's done research on it and is also contemplating purchasing one :D Sony CyberShot Hybrid! -Even Dentists like them- :p

GAWD!.. I can't wait till this novocaine wears off... argh! 4 hours, WTH! :@

6 comments:

carolyn said...

That looks painful, very painful. So glad it is not me :p

Hope you are feeling better now :)

monochromatix said...

:p feeling better... but still have to go back :'(, u wanna take my place? ;)

carolyn said...

Hahaha...errr...no, thank you. I already had day surgery before for removal of all my wisdom teeth! It was better under the IV drip, being knocked out, so I was clueless of the whole procedure.

monochromatix said...

omg.. you're 'oh-so-lucky'.. I remember removing 3 of my wisdom teeth :| ya.. local anesthetic and.. supporting the weight of my dentist with my jaw as he was trying to get enough leverage to yank them out :'(

carolyn said...

*faint* hahaha.

monochromatix said...

ohoh... then there was the molar that he cracked as he took one out :'( That resulted in a root canal. Another ordeal in-and-of itself.