Saturday, January 21, 2006

Night at the Cac...

Hmm, yesterday was an interesting day. I woke up to find that it had been snowing during the night. I remember going out for a smoke last night and freezing my ass off in the process, but it didn't seem cold enough for snow. Then again.. what do I know? All I know is that it's been pissing rain for the last 4 weeks.

For the most part my day was like any other day during the week. I'm still adjusting to my new schedule which means that my body decides to go to sleep when it feel like it... which in turn means that I end up taking those stupid naps and waking up cranky.

Last night was different. I didn't get the chance to fall asleep because I didn't go home right after work. I ended up getting dropped off at Gilmore Skytrain Station and training it downtown. Wow, it's been a loooooooooooong time since I last took public transit. To tell you the truth, I don't miss it. AND the price just keeps going up.

I made it downtown and met up with JM at the Cactus Club on Robson... our old 2nd home. The occasion was his wife's 2nd ultrasound. They're having twins!!! Which means that I'm going to be godfather to twins! Crazy stuff :/ Where has all the time gone? I've known JM since grade 6... Imagine that, over 17 years...

Our night began at about 5:30pm which is fairly early by anyone's standards. But, beggars can't be choosers, and we don't often get the chance to see each other these days. Anytime that we can take just to chell together is welcome. The pair of us were already pretty tired from long days... I wasn't sure how long we were going to last :p JM was already sitting at the bar by the time I arrived, we weren't expecting to stay too long so we decided to just stay seated there.During our time at the bar it also occurred to me that I hadn't seen AK in almost 2 weeks. It had been quite awhile since JM had seen him as well so I called AK on my mobile to try to persuade him to come out. Our conversation ended with him informing me that he was going to remain at home because he had just come back from the gym and was spent. I filled JM in and he insisted that I dial AK back and, after using his powers of persuasion AK ended up at the bar with us :D.

It was nice to be able to sit around and catch up with each others' lives. We don't spend nearly as much time together as we would like to these days, it's rather disappointing. Also, since this is JM's old place of work, he was able to catch up with some of his old co-workers. That in itself is highly amusing for anyone who's fortunate enough to witness it (as you can see by the picture on the left). I's scared to imagine what went on when he used to work here :p


Of course, no night with JM is complete without at least one shot. We all gathered 'round and Kevo poured out 4 shots of Drambuie (if memory serves me right), yumm. I still can't get over the amount of alcohol JM is able to consume. That day wasn't like some of the other days that I had met up with him. On occasion JM has been on his 9th-12th beer by the time I've met up with him. Alcohol for blood? :P Here's a shot of JM speaking with AK, explaining that he wants to start doing more physical activity again, hehe. That's all well-and-good, but here's how some of the conversation went, "So, I'll start going to the gym with you guys, but you'll have to drag me..." How convincing is that? lol. We'll be all worn out BEFORE we even hit the gym! Anyway, JM, we have proof of your proposal ;).

As usual, our night ended with a shot. This time it was something nice and fruity (Hpnotiq and Alize, if there's a name for it, I don't know it :p).


JM left with his wife while AK and I took a stroll down Robson towards Burger King. Apparently alcohol to AK is like marijuana to everyone else :p he got the munchies LOL. On the way there we came across this (not sure what to make of it... it had a fountain... WTF):


Welcome to Vancouver! :p

No comments: