Monday, January 02, 2006

Nothing Sacred in the Office...

I Be MentalWell there nothing like taking a Holiday week off work, knowing that I'll have to go back to the same ol' mundane drab... only to come back into the office to discover that your private space has been violated and a work of art destroyed... wth. Seriously, is nothing sacred in the office? You'd expect more from a 'corporate' environment... but noooo.

So what am I bitching about, u ask? Remember this post?

Ya... so not only did the tree get destroyed, but someone took a bottle too. Are you happy? Poor little Timmy isn't going to get his bottle of Gatorade anymore! They didn't even bother to fudge it with one of the other two bottles sitting on the desk beside it... just used their ninja skills to acquire their prize and leave a heap of destruction in their wake...

Behold the results of trusting your fellow co-workers not to invade your space!

Poor Timmy
Count the bottles... 5, that's right, one's missing. *note* stale cigarettes are not good enough for ninjas... they hvae been left behind for Timmy to smoke :

Honestly, I was expecting something like this to happen, but not the theft bit. Take one, leave a note, that's fine with me... don't just take one and expect me to be okay with it tho. I've had other things go missing from my desk as well... Keyboards, mice, pens... time to start locking shit up again. Too many ninja's in my office. O.o

Anyone else have the same problems at their workplace? I'm curious... leave me some comments.

8 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

I've left stuff at my desk several times overnight. But I've never left them unattended for a lengthy period of time. I trust no one when it comes to personal belongings at the work place. This reminds me, I should lock my shit up before I go to Japan.

Anonymous said...

When I working over summer in a law firm in M'sia, I always locked my stuff up, cause you always get people walking in and out of the office...I've had people come and mess up my stuff before, so I learnt my lesson =S The sad reality of people around you is that not everyone is as honest as you think they are...

carolyn said...

I think I am lucky. Things have not gone missing at the office before, even when gone for 2 weeks.

Then again, my desk is a mess, maybe I didn't even realize it if things are gone. Hehe.

Lonely Linus said...

That could be a solution. Dog pile your stuff until it becomes too difficult to find items.

monochromatix said...

LOL... yea, I'm not too sure our account manager would be too impressed if I piled everything. Mind you, it just might work ;)

Lonely Linus said...

Just like when I was young. Make a mess and have someone else clean it for you. :P

Anonymous said...

The paper chain... The snowflakes... Noooooooooo!!! :'(

Anonymous said...

I really can't believe someone took out your tree and stole (that's right, stole!) a gatorade bottle from it. I feel your pain and if you ever need some counseling I'm down the hall. :P

Word around the office is that your tree was smashed by John... but then again I could have just made that up. I can't remember.