Friday, December 23, 2005

Yes... my first post =)

It's 3:31pm and I'm sitting in the office counting down the minutes before I subject myself to last-minute-xmas-shopping hell : Wow... I can't wait.

Anyway, I've been recently reading blogs from
Kennysia and XiaXue and they've inspired me. I'm not expecting mine to come anywhere close to the calibre of their blogs (as they're among SouthEast Asia's top bloggers and I'm a newbie) but I'm hoping I can entertain some of you out there ;)

Here's an introduction: I'm a Technical Analyst (fancy name for Helpdesk Agent) working for IBM Global Services (Vancouver, BC, CANADA!) That's right... Canada. I was born in Malaysia (KL) and came here when I was very young. Sadly, I do not speak Malay and my Chinese is very poor :'( My family speaks Hakka, and I can understand most of it but I dare not speak =p...

Uhh.. wait.. sorry, was interrupted by my co-worker who informed me that he's off to 'sell some goods'.

"Don't forget to save me some".
"no, you're a non-paying customer".
"Ah, crap.. dammit".
"Actually, I was saving you that syringe starter kit".

Moving on... (less I digress)...

My Cantonese is poor and my Mandarin is almost non-existent : Soooo.. I'm a white guy in a Chinaman's body, heh. But, trust me, I'm Chinese at heart ><. Tho I must admit, I can't stand Chinese dramas and especially the chapter movies that go on forever... kinda like a really long, live-action, DragonBall, but without all the fancy Kamehameha's and blonde hair. Blah.


Woo.. countdown continues.. 10 minutes to go.

Riiiight, so ya, basically I'm a Banana who's fooled everyone into believing that he's a techie dork (shh.. don't tell IBM). I'm actually more of a Graphics guy. I signed up at a local college here hoping to get into the Graphic Design program.. but I guess my portfolio was too half-assed for them. It only took me 3 months to put it together =p. When I get a chance, maybe I'll post some of the pieces here.. somewhere... maybe. Before I sign off.. here's a little gem from work:


composed with: 6 Gatorade drinks, 3 post-it notes (star), 2 Stale menthol cigarettes from my emergency stash (canes), 1 zig-zaggy thingy that I cut out (can barely see wrapped around the tree), 1 five-foot paper chain (courtesy of Abby), 3 paper snow-flakes (courtesy of Abby), 2 Turtles chocolate wrappers (bows), 3 Mint patty wrappers (bulb ornaments), oh yes... and a mess of hole punchings (courtesy of Daiji; Snow on the bottom). >.< Cheers... more to come =)

6 comments:

sonoftheprodigal said...

so merry christmas to you and welcome to the blogging world. i hope you enjoy your stay.

monochromatix said...

wow :) what a pleasant surprise.. I've told one person of my new adventure and the first post goes to someone else XD! Thanks sonoftheprodigal, I'm sure I will =)

Anonymous said...

I think your blog page is a good start to something good, but you might wanna lay off the drugs first... :p

Signed: Co-worker

monochromatix said...

Don't make me restrict comments to registered users only! I know who u are =p... always talking about jers :|

Anonymous said...

I like the gatorade tree u made! looks like a fun christmas tree~

monochromatix said...

:D Haha, I wasn't expecting to do anything like that ;) I guess I was just bitten by the X-Mas bug :)

It turned out great though!