Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bird Day Outing #3

My parents had wanted to take me out for dinner during the week but we decided to move the dinner to Saturday so that's when we went out. Bird Day outing #3 was at Coast restaurant in YaleTown (Hamilton St).

I've been to Coast Restaurant a couple of times before and each time was a great experience. One of the things that drew me back was their attention to detail. I filled out one of the surveys after a meal and within a week I received a card thanking me for taking the time to fill out the survey. The card was written and signed by our waiter :p. On my Birthday I recieved another letter from Coast, this time offering Birthday wishes and inviting us to enjoy a complimentary dessert for 2 upon presentation of said letter :) They know how to make you feel special :p


Coast restaurant is a loft setup with a patio outside, Communal table in the middle tables all around and more seating upstairs. Unfortunately for us, this time we were seated in the booth right next to the stairs... which is not such a bad thing, save for the A/C blowing down on us.

For dinner my Dad ordered the Australian Lamb Rack and Baja Scallops, Mum ordered the Grilled Seafood Brochette (?) and I had the Carpaccio of Beef Tenderloin followed by the Alaskan King Crab Gnocchi.



Dad's Lamb was very nice, not too strong, and very tender. The scallops... mmm. Mum's I couldn't really tell what it tasted like O.O she ruined all the flavor by dumping tabasco all over it :P. My carpaccio was delicious, thinly sliced, served with Head Cheese, figs and some greens. The Alaskan King Crab Gnocchi was very nice as well. I'm a big fan of gnocchi and crab so the combination intrigued me :) It was very nice. The gnocci was prepared nicely not too soft, not too hard, and the King Crab was full of flavor, very juicy.

For Dessert we shared the dessert for two :p We didn't order anything else because we had to meet up with my cousin that night (True confections). It's her BirdDay too ;) The Dessert for two was a little dinky but still... wow. I was surprised. There were two items: Coast's version of an Oreo cookie (outstanding) and Coast's version of a Reese's Peanutbutter cup (also nice) tho I'm not a big fan of Peanutbutter.

After dinner we walked on down to the car and headed down to Denman street and True Confections!

When we arrived My cousins and friend were already there. They were waiting for us and two more. Wow... I hadn't been there in awile... mainly because I'm not too much of a desert person and alternatively because the portions are huge and not cheap :P shh.


I ordered a RootBeer Float to drink and everyone else ordered their own.. some water, and some coffee. When everyone else arrived they ordered their dessert: I have pictures but don't know what they are :D sorry... all I can say is that those wedges are freakin' HUGE!!! O.O They couldn't finish the layered one and ended up taking half of it home :D



Our night ended at the Cue Club, a poolhall that just opened nearby my house. It was formerly another poolhall ,Starlite Billiards, where I worked before. We all shot a couple of games of pool and then went home... another nice BirdDay outing!

2 comments:

Piccola said...

Yummy~ All the food looks great.

monochromatix said...

You bet!... trust me, it all tasted as good as it looked :D... even if it didn't I'm sure I would have convinced myself that it did :p (considering the price) :D