Sunday, July 16, 2006

Collecting Garbage...

On Saturday we spent 5 hours clearing out the garbage in my Grampa / Grama's old house. Aunt Sally just sold it and has moved over to the Brentwood area. The new family has already come in and started renovating the home. While our family was cleaning out the house we found stashes of money all over the house... it appears that Grampa liked to hide cash just-in-case. I believe that after the cleaning was done, all the cash amounted to over $20k! :o ya... crazy eh? Who knows what you have hidden around your OWN house :p

We had rented one of those small(er) sized disposal bins so we could throw out all the stuff in the garage, I believe the dimensions were 14ft long x 8ft wide x 5 ft deep.

I didn't know what I had gotten myself into. I ended up having to climb up into the rafters in the garage. That was pretty nasty stuff... I couldn't stand up, or sit up for that matter, because the single nails were sticking through. I really didn't feel like getting poked with a rusty nail -_-; On top of that, there were mouse/rat droppings all over the place again... this time I wasn't prepared and was not wearing a mask... big mistake. When I blew my nose later... everything was brown... yuck.

We also found a couple of items that Grampa had made to make life easier... he was a jack-of-all-trades.


left: dustpan and brush. right: fish mallet and scaler.

Five hours and alot of climbing, breaking, arguing, throwing, carrying, arranging later... we had our finished 'product'. Since we didn't meet the 3 O'clock deadline for that day we had to wait until Monday until we could call the company up and have them remove the bin. Hopefully, before then, no one comes and dumps stuff in there :@ As you can see the dumpster is full, right to the top.

When all was said and done, my uncle and I decided to use the Driver that we found to whack a few apples down the alley :D I remember my cousin used to do this in our backyard years back :P This time I ended up with a piece of apple in my eye O_O hehe... it was well worth the explosion and the laughs :) below is my Uncle taking a whack at it ;)


Oh ya... I went home and had a look at myself in the mirror... wth, filthy!

4 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

Now that's what I call a tan. Haha! There seems to be a lot of talk about family recently. Making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

monochromatix said...

Yea.. I've been spending lots o' time with family lately. I feel blessed to have my family together. not everyone has that luxury.

Plus, since I'm currently unemployed still I need to find ways to keep myself busy :)

BaBy JeE said...

nyahhhaa.a.. I bet after showering you lost like one kg of dirt... hehehe... and 2 kgs of sweat... kekekekkeke...

monochromatix said...

hahaha... that's a fairly accurate assumption :p :D