Friday, July 14, 2006

SilverCity & Superman 3D...

Last night I went to watch Superman Returns 3D :) Since there has been so much hype surrounding Superman I was afraid that I would be disappointed with my experience... Thankfully, I was wrong!

We went to SilverCity Riverport, one of the 2 places showing Superman Returns in 3D. I was surprised at the number of people watching movies that night... it was a Thursday and we still had to park on the lower parking lot. It's summer I guess :p

We purchased our tickets and then proceeded on over to New York Fries... I was a bit hungry and my choices were limited... I should have gone out to eat before making our way to the cinema. My choices: Pizza Hut, Burger King, New York Fries... or junk from the food stand that sells popcorn. I chose New York Fries because they sold hotdogs... they were the closest thing to healthy as I was going to get in SilverCity.

"2 Hotdogs and 2 waters please."
"Umm... the person before me forgot to thaw out the hotdog buns so there are no buns for the hotdogs."

Nice... anyway, I ended up buying a poutine. So much for eating 'healthy'.

We managed to get a decent seat towards the back and in the middle of the row. The only drawback was the retard sitting beside me. The dumbass insisted on answering his calls during the movie... phone was on vibe, but mouth was on max volume.

The IMAX 3D experience was nice :) I hadn't been to a 3D movie in years. One cool thing was that the movie trailers were all in 3D... for some reason, AK's favorite trailer was the one for Happy Feet


Don't get me wrong.. it's a cute trailer.. but ya, lol, he went off on it :p AK thought it was the funniest thing.

Here's how the 3D movie worked... at the beginning of the movie they explain to you: when you see the 3 GREEN glasses flashing in front of you, then put ON your glasses... When you see the RED flashing glasses then take them OFF.

4 scenes were selected and digitally enhanced for 3D viewing... I'm not sure who chose the scenes, but I hope someone got fired over the last choice... what a rip-off. They chose the final 30 seconds before the credit roll, why? There were a few other action scenes that they could have chosen to convert.

The movie itself was not too bad. In my opinion Bryan Singer stayed true to the Superman of the 80s and there were a couple of moments in the movie I was thrown back by the Reeve-esq crooked smile that Brandon Routh offered. I'm not sure how I feel about Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane but IMO Kevin Spacey was a little hit-and-miss as Lex Luther. Meh... and having Kumar as a villain kinda threw me off as well :p

Overall... good stuff :) Go watch it! If not for the movie, then just to look hawt in the 3D glasses :p

No comments: