Monday, July 10, 2006

Me = Weak Sauce...

Today was sorta 'hit & miss' for me... well, more miss than hit, but ya ;)

I woke up this morning thinking that it would be another typical day. I had planned to go to get a haircut, go for a jog / workout etc. You can probably guess that none of those things happened :$ haiz.

Last night my family and I went out for dinner with some family friends. We went to the Keg Steak House in New Westminster. The reason I didn't blog about it is: 1) I'm not a big fan of the Keg. & 2) I didn't have my camera. That being said, the pictures you'll see in this post are not taken by me and are just here for the purpose of illustrating my story.

Dinner was nice although it seemed a little dark where we were sitting. The parents needed assistance in reading the menus because the room was so dimly lit.

For dinner I ordered the Steak and Half Lobster. The steak was a Tender Sirloin Steak cooked medium rare and the lobster was... well, a half lobster. Along with my dinner I had 2 cans of Guinness Draft. Why cans? Because I didn't have a choice :( They didn't have Guinness on tap. The Steak was done nicely, the rice (wild rice) was a nice change from the everyday Chinese white rice that we usually eat. The Lobster was as lobster usually is RICH AND DELICIOUS! I don't know if it's actually the Lobster taste itself that gets me or if it's the melted butter that I bathe the lobster in. I don't know about other Chinese families, but THIS Chinese family almost never has butter in the fridge :(

Dinner seemed to go off w/o a hitch... the bill was $300+ which is not too bad considering there were eight of us.

Anyway, the whole purpose of this story is to tell you how much I suck. It hasn't even been 1 month before the last time that I had consumed beer and this time... I woke up with a splitting headache :( how embarassing. I only had 2 beer and end up with a hangover... psh... yes, I am WEAKSAUCE...

The result? I chatted with Jacq for less than 2 hours... then had to crash again because I felt like my head was going to explode... grrr. No haircut, no jog, no workout, no nothing... just one collosal waste of a day.

No comments: