Sunday, July 30, 2006

Celebration of Light 2006 - China (Day 2)

Today wasn't such a great day for me. I woke up feeling not-so-good. Chatted w/ Jacq for a bit, then had to go back to bed because I felt like crap :( sorry Jacq <3 One thing that was worrying me was whether I would be well enough to make it downtown for the fireworks tonight!

Thankfully, I did! (tho, again, things didn't all pan out)

I managed to acquire my tripod from my buddy KL... he lives on Burrard near Nelson and my tripod was at his place. I grabbed it and then started making my way down to the beach to catch up with x. Before I got there he had called and let me know where they were located. 'By the Mens washroom' Simple enough :) because I knew exactly where that was... what I wasn't expecting was the even bigger crowd that was there today. I neglected to factor in the weekend and the fact that people don't have to go to work the next day.

I slowly made my way down to the men's washroom and started rubbernecking to try to find x and his group of friends. By that time it was already dark so it wasn't an easy task... apart from that, there was a wall of people in front of me. I tried calling his phone... and someone from his house answered (?)... nice... good job, x... :p nedless to say, I ended up watching the show by myself... probably within 10 meters of him... AND I didn't get to setup the tripod because I was with the standing crowd.

I am working on compressing / uploading the footage at the moment :) be patient! it's worth the wait ;) China's show is going to be hard to beat!

Video has been compressed and uploaded. Pending verification :)

*** UPDATE ***

Google is pissing me off as their verification process take sooo long... I've uploaded chunks to YouTube again:

Part 1:


Part 2:

Part 3:

2 comments:

Lonely Linus said...

It isn't my fault that my monthly cell phone plan didn't provide me with voice mail and that the service itself is horrible whenever I'm in an area where over 350,000 people gather and I had no-answer transfer set up. Not my fault at all!

monochromatix said...

lol.. yes it is.. pay the extra $5 :@ grrr :p

anyway.. now we know... we'll have to use signal flares or smoke signals or something :p