Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pleasant Surprise...

Yesterday afternoon while I was crashed out as a result of that stupid hangover a package arrived at our door...


Since I was passed out in my room, my dad received it for me and paid the postage due. He then woke me up (thought I was awake already) and gave it to me. I'm so happy :D It's a bird-day gift from Jacq :D What a sweetheart!

It's not even my bird-day yet! O.O So that means that I'm going to keep it closed until that day comes ;) She wants me to open it now :p but I'll wait, hehe!

I mentioned to Jacq that we had to pay postage due upon receipt and she seemed pretty shocked. I guess it's more common here than it is in S'pore? Or... maybe I'm just wierd? Anyway, here's the breakdown:


It's all a little bit ridiculous as our portion almost added up to the amount she paid to post it in the first place... wth. She also mentioned that Canada is not on S'pore's list of insurable destinations... wth??? Are we both not Commonwealth countries? (ya, that last fact doesn't really have to do with anything but... come on... we're brethren :p)

I'm so excited :D Haiz... I miss her <3

4 comments:

Piccola said...

That's weird!!! Whenever i send packages to my friends in Japan or Italy. It's only the sender that needs to pay, not the reciever. I don't think that my sis's penpal in UK had to pay for recieving packages too.

monochromatix said...

LOL... yea... welcome to Canada, Land of Taxes. Then again.. I could be wrong ?? maybe we're just some freak occurrence :p

Actually... if you declare something else, then you might not have to pay for duty? O.o

Lonely Linus said...

Tax is why I keep getting poorer and other people (specifically the rich) get richer.

carolyn said...

I think if you declare the item as used, sample or other stuff and put a value of less than $10, you may not have to pay the taxes or duties.

At least that was what I was advised when I sent packages to the States when swapping cosmetics or brand new fragrances.