Sunday, February 05, 2006

10 Random Facts... (completed)...

Well... I had the mis good-fortune of getting tagged by x. "Give me 10 random facts about yourself"... *sigh* here I go...

Random Fact #1... My MSN Buddy is in S'pore

Meet Jacq ;) She's great. Born in Sabah, working in Jurong East, Singapore... she keeps me company before I go to sleep every night :p. I always look forward to our daily MSN conversations =) She always brings humor to my drab, monotonous days.
I'm finally going to be able to meet her when I go to Singapore!

Random Fact #2... I love D.I.S.C.O.!!!

What's wrong with DISCO? It's great! I think everyone just decided to hate on it because DISCO'ers had so much style! :p Yes, it was an era of Sex & Drugs... hmm, sounds like the precursor for modernday RAVES. Both were underground, and both are associated with drugs and long hours on the dancefloor. DISCO rawks! Dont' let anyone tell you otherwise =) They even have DISCO in Singapore :p

Random Fact #3... My Chinese name is a Girl's name...

That's right... I have a girl's name. Those of you who don't already know it, too bad. If I told you I'd have to kill you :p. Yes, my family has a curse, and the firstborn son is sought after by the demons... that is how I ended up with my girly name <_< >_>. You may have heard of my story, I believe they made a movie of it but they replaced me with someone else... ;) Really though, it's true... the bit about my name anyways :p. Damn, I really need to do something about that hair...


Random Fact #4... I am 5'7.75" (172cm)...

Yes that's right.. I'm not quite 5'8". But most people think I'm taller because I always wear my boots and they give me about 1.5". Being almost 5'8" I am the tallest in my family as well. To tell you the truth, I wish I were about 2 inches taller... actually, more like 2.25" taller, 5'10" would be nice =)

BTW... This lovely picture was provided by Jacq! :D I love it :P

Random Fact #5... I don't like Heights...

That's right folks I have a fear of heights. It's a sort of double-edged sword because I love the view from high places. You can bring me to high places and I'll go, but but it's not to say that my heart rate doesn't spike and my knees don't get weak. Most people don't know that I have a fear of heights because I'm not one of those people who freak out and freeze :p

Random Fact #6... I used to have long hair (sk8r style)...

Yes, that's right. As embarassing is it may be, I used to sport long hair *runs and hides in a corner*. That's me on the left in the black, white & red Cross Colour hoodie with the huge ass Cross Color Jeans. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I'm sure it was somewhere along the lines of 'Leave me alone, I'm being fashionable / original'. Boy was I wrong. Why didn't anyone slap me? Hmm.. I know... it's that family curse again... uh yeah. Long hair to protect myself from the demons... So they couldn't tell that I'm a guy :p

Random Fact #7... I'm in the wrong industry (I love Graphics)...

Yeah... I'm not sure how I ended up in the tech industry. I'm more of a visual person than anything. Actually, I DO know how I ended up here... My portfolio was too half-assed :p so I didn't make the cut to get into the Graphic Design program I applied to :/ Then I applied to Tech college.. and ended up graduating from Technical Programming (?) WTH, talk about 180. Oh well... Maybe I can take what I learn in the IT industry and apply it with my visual skills and come up with something (?) One can hope :)

Random Fact #8... There's Always Something Playing When I Go To Sleep...

I'm not sure where I picked up this habit, but there has always got to be something playing (on the tube) when I go to sleep. If the TV isn't on in the background it takes longer for me to crash. Since I don't didn't have cable running to my room I usually pop in a DVD and pass out to that :p I can't count how many times I've fallen asleep to 'Snatch', keke. Now that I have the cable, my choice is usually Discovery or A&E... This week there hasn't been anything interesting on so the DVDs of choice were StarWars Trilogy!

Random Fact #9... I Am A Dork...

I'm blogging no word of a lie :p Here's a snap of the PaperCraft motorcycle that I put together last year, it took over 80 hours to complete. You can't get much Dorkier than that. Actually, you can, but still... this is pretty Dorky. This particular one is the Yamaha YZF-R1. It consisted of 14 pages of 170 parts. This papercraft even goes so far as to recreate the frame structure. Get it, and other PaperCraft here.

Random Fact #10... My Dad Is A Klepto...

I remember when I was young. Everytime we'd go out to a Japanese restaurant my mom would always end up with something in her purse :D It's kinda funny if you think about it :p. He has since stopped this little habit but we have a little shrine with the stuff that he skillfully acquired from before ;) I remember us having more artifacts than that... maybe someone thiefed them from us?

There, I'm finally done!... damn u x! :p

Tag:
carolyn
nx2c

1 comment:

leanne said...

very nice cuz ;) hehe..
yeh. next blog i'll do the same!
Laters!