Sunday, February 05, 2006

Welcome To My City...

Finally! The sun decided to come out and stay awhile! I was so ecstatic that I had to call AK up and see if he wanted to go in-line skating. I'm pretty sure I woke him up even though it was mid-day :p lazy bugger. I found my in-line skates and (literally) brushed the dust off of them. Then we were off. I took over 40 photos during our outing, but I'll post my favorites and a few others :)... hmm, maybe I should start a photoblog...


Here's a picture of Science World close to where we usually start. For those of you who are reading this and are not from Vancouver this was the center point for EXPO 86, when EXPO Came to Vancouver. It looks like it's undergoing a facelift or something.



Here's a picture of the Plaza of Nations (not a very good one)... some of you may recognize this place because there have been multiple films / TV shows shot here. One of my favorites was one of the death scenes from Final Destination (can't remember if it was 1 or 2... the kid that gets crushed by the pane of glass).


This is one of my favorite pictures... I wasn't expecting it to turn out that nice. Actually, I wasn't sure what to expect from the camera at all, the sun was blocked by all the clouds, so I thought maybe all the photos would be under-exposed. I'm thinking about making a large print of this one. If anybody's interested, just leave me a comment and I'll send the original, the dimensions are huge. ;)


Approaching the Round House area... and just past the Round House area...


This is another picture that I want to make a large print of. I've bladed past this spot countless times and have never noticed that the buildings there are symmetrical. This shot turned out nicer than I expected as well :) Again, if you'd like me to send you a copy of the full sized one, just leave me a comment ;)



Above are pictures from English Bay the beach where the famous Polar Bear swim takes place as well as the Symphony of Fire. I was surprised at the amount of people that were out despite the clouds. I supposed they were all tricked by the sun that peeked out earlier... like how AK and I got suckered :( That's a picture of the hotdog stand that we COULDN'T buy a hotdog at because we didn't bring our wallets along!



A few more snaps of English Bay.

I noticed something while we were blading that day... there are a while whackload of random statues/sculptures/monuments strewn about the DownTown area. Monuments that were not there last year... I'm guessing that it has got to be part of some effort to make Vancouver all pretty for the upcoming 2010 Winter Olympic games... I suppose this might also be a part of that effort as well... :/ Don't really know what to make of it though. It's interesting, that's for sure.

Here's another of the pictures I took. Another favorite. I'm thinking of getting this one blown up as well...

Hmm... I think I should make a photoblog for my posts like this... too many pictures, wow. Too much time :p Well hope you enjoyed the pictures =)

2 comments:

carolyn said...

I like the tree pic. Very nice. And I miss the hotdog from the stand :p

monochromatix said...

Yeah :p I know what you mean ;) I miss the hotdogs from the stands too!

We didn't have a chance to buy any because neither of us decided to carry cash w/ us... haiz.

Soon enough though... summer is just around the corner :D